The Arts House was created in 1827 as a residence for the Scottish merchant John Maxwell. Subsequently, used as a court it became known as the "Court House" and then "The Parliament House". The Arts House is the oldest government building, but now also a multicultural art space.
Opened in 2004 as the new Arts House, it has been the venue of all kinds of artistic performances and plays. It is well worth visiting for its historical value as well as the many cultural activities.
Photo credits: Fondation Baur Genève